Web Hosting Service Level Agreement
This document sets out what levels of availability and support the client is guaranteed to receive as part of the Web Hosting service provided by Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33.
Please note that Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 do offer multiple hosting packages each offering differing levels of developer support. On the standard hosting package for example, developer support (both telephone and email) is restricted to bug fixes in design/functionality developed by Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33. Support requests not relating to site maintenance and fixes will be charged for at our standard hourly rate. Clients on the Premium package will receive 1 hour developer support each month which can be used for wider site enhancements and functionality updates as required.
The purpose of this Agreement is to ensure that the proper elements and commitments are in place to provide consistent support and maintenance for website hosting and the website to the Client(s) by the Service Provider(s).
The objectives of this Agreement are to:
- Provide clear reference to service ownership, accountability, roles and/or responsibilities.
- Present a clear, concise and measurable description of website hosting to the client.
- Match perceptions of expected service provision with actual service support and delivery for both the website and website hosting.
2. Service Agreement
The following detailed service parameters are the responsibility of Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 in the ongoing support of this Agreement.
2.1. Service Scope
The following Services are covered by this Agreement;
- Manned telephone support
- Monitored email support
- Software and security updates
- Regular backups of website
- Facilitating client penetration and other security testing and auditing, and resolving the results of those tests
- Bug fixes in design/functionality developed by Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33
2.2 What is required by the Client
The Client responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Payment for all support costs at the agreed interval.
- Reasonable availability of client representative(s) when resolving a service related incident or request.
- Providing Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 with the contact details of a minimum of 2 people who shall be informed of any actions resulting from this agreement.
- Providing Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 with a minimum of 2 weeks notice of the scheduling of penetration and other testing which carries a risk of impacting service.
2.3 What is required of Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33
Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Ensuring 99.5% Network and Power Availability of service(s) for hosting, in accordance with the Service Agreements with upstream providers. (See 4.1)
- Meeting response times associated with service related incidents.
- Appropriate notification to Client for all scheduled maintenance.
- Ensuring the hosting facilities and website are secured, in accordance with the Service Agreements with upstream providers. (See 4.1)
- Security updates and bug fixes are applied within agreed timescales for website and hosting and web platforms.
2.4. Service Assumptions
Assumptions related to in-scope services and/or components include:
- A minimum of two full backups per week of the hosting account will be carried out.
- Changes to services will be communicated and documented to the client with a minimum notice period of 30 days, in normal circumstances this notice will be included in the monthly report.
- Amendments to site content included in hosting packages will be carried out to a maximum of one hour per month unless otherwise agreed.
This SLA does not cover service related incidents caused by problems in the following:
- Client’s local area network, or the local area networks of the Client’s customers.
- Client-provided Internet connectivity or end-user software.
- Entities inside Client’s internal network including, but not limited to, firewall configuration and bandwidth shaping, local area workstations, or other servers, equipment, and software that have a potential bearing on the local networking environment (except web browser software).
- Service requests which require major changes will be a change request and chargeable.
3. Upstream Service Provision
Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 Web Hosting servers/operating systems are provided by Linode, which is a server/Data Center company. Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 maintains at least one dedicated multiprocessor Linux server on Linode’s service with no more than 50% load capacity on this system at any given time. Linode advertises 99.5% uptime, and a global network of 11 data centers, in which our servers are maintained in their Fremont, CA data center.
Our services availability is entirely dependent on the service level agreement with Linode, and in the event that Linode services would become permanently unavailable for whatever reason, backups of the Client’s site are retained in another cloud-based service, off the Linode infrastructure (See 3.2). More information on their service is found here: https://linode.com.
3.2 Amazon Web Services
All Client backups are transported to Amazon Web Services S3 storage network as they are created, on a 3-day interval.
Client site backups of the website files and database dump will be made available on written or verbal request, and are the property of the Client.
4. Service Management
Effective support of in-scope services is a result of maintaining consistent service levels. The following sections provide relevant details on service availability, monitoring of in-scope services and related components.
4.1 Service Availability
Coverage parameters specific to the service(s) covered in this Agreement are as follows:
- Telephone support : 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Mountain Time Monday – Friday
Calls received out of office hours will be forwarded to a voicemail service and best efforts will be made to action the call, however no action can be guaranteed until the next working day
- Email support: Monitored 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Mountain Time Monday – Friday
Emails received outside of office hours will be collected, however no action can be guaranteed until the next working day
Any planned maintenance work that we require to carry out that will involve either a loss of service, or a risk of loss of service, will be advertised at least 2 working days in advance, and will be carried out at a time to ensure as minimum an amount of disruption as possible.
4.2. Service Requests
In support of services outlined in this Agreement, Trey Donovan Drake – EarthLab33 will respond to service related incidents and/or requests submitted by the Client within the following time frames:
- 0-8 hours (during business hours) for issues classified as High priority.
- Within 48 hours for issues classified as Medium priority.
- Within 5 working days for issues classified as Low priority.
The following definitions will be used to determine the priority of a service related incident or request, unless the Service Provider and Client agree on an alternative definition:
The priority of any service related incident or request not defined in the above table shall be subject to the agreement of the Service Provider and Client.